Watterson is looking for a Facilities Project Coordinator who will align, administer, and organize facilities work orders, project activities and tracking, and other duties in conjunction with and under the direction of the Vice President of Facilities Services and other Team Members. The right candidate will have a TEAM FIRST mentality and be willing to grow with the organization. This is a Full-Time role, with occasional “On-Call” hours being required.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate various work order activities, resources, equipment, and information.
- Liaise with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope of work and work order objectives.
- Make certain that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve.
- Prepare project proposals, time frames, and scheduling.
- Monitor and track project’s progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact, follow-up and communicate project status adequately to all participants.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Create and maintain work order documentation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Previous experience in cooperating with Project Managers for the delivery of projects preferred
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong discipline of time management skills, attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to read and understand tradesman scope of work specifications.
- Collect, analyze, and prepare reports of such statistical data as may be required to provide accurate and current assessment of facility services objectives.
- Problem solving and ability to work independently when necessary.
- BS/BA in a related field preferred
- A minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience in commercial real estate and facilities services, but not required.
- Experience in building facilities/maintenance, property management, construction and/or other components of property operation and building management preferred.
- CMMS/Work Order Management experience is preferred.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent computer and systems knowledge
- Strong literacy in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. Candidate will be based out of the Schaumburg, IL location with office hours 7am-4pm however flexibility is available for the right candidate.
The successful candidates will receive a competitive compensation package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance, company-sponsored 401K retirement plan, profit sharing plan, holidays, and paid time off (PTO). Watterson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Watterson conducts background checks and drug screening as part of our hiring practices.
Since our founding in 2001, Watterson has provided exceptional professionally managed support to our clients nationwide who include many of the largest retailers, real estate holding companies, insurance providers, and commercial lenders in the country. At Watterson, we pride ourselves as being our clients “professional management” provider and “an extension of our clients’ team”. Watterson offers our clients a full suite of facilities services, emergency disaster response and environmental services. Watterson’s Whatever It Takes attitude sets us apart from our competitors with outstanding dedication to all clients.