Watterson is currently seeking a New Vendor Coordinator who can work out of our Schaumburg, Illinois office. This position plays an essential role in maintaining the integrity of program data that is collected from both our clients and vendors. You will help to manage and review data for inconsistencies and completeness in our software and take steps necessary to correct errors. You will also perform research (online and over the phone) to help project managers find new vendors, and compare services offered and prices for work to be done as needed.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Enter vendor Certificates of Insurance
- Develop skills to assess vendor insurance documentation
- Collaborate with Vendor Manager and Project Managers to research, evaluate, and onboard new vendors
- Interface with potential new vendors over the phone and in written communication
- Enter vendor database information
- Assist Vendor Manager with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Familiarity with Facilities Management terminology and trades helpful
- Ability to collaborate and work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft products, especially Excel
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills
- Ability to learn and adapt to different types of software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to handle problems or tasks that require research and analysis
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in our fast-paced environment
- The ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include but not limited to:
- Remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer-based work
- Participating in filing activities
- Lifting and carrying office supplies and/or occasionally lifting 20-25 pounds
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach and use fine hand manipulations (keyboarding)
Job Requirements and Specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Become a part of Watterson, incredibly proud to be named one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies for seven Become a part of Watterson, named one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Companies for seven years in a row! Watterson is a 20-year nationwide provider with four integrated and innovative business units focused on: emergency and disaster response, surplus property and facilities management, property redevelopment, and environmental services. Watterson has also been the recipient of numerous Outstanding Service awards from its client partners for support across the 60,000 commercial properties Watterson manages. “Watterson has grown dramatically during this time, by being dynamic, flexible and responsive and by always delivering our high sense of urgency. We look forward to growing our current team with members that are enthusiastic about forging new client partnerships with our Whatever It Takes determination,” Steve Peldiak, President of Watterson. Watterson is 24/7/365 across the United States and Canada ready to do Whatever It Takes! We’re There. Anywhere. Anytime.
Watterson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Watterson conducts background checks and drug screening as part of our candidate selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Schaumburg, Illinois Office
Pay: $17-$19 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: After training this role will be remote until after the COVID crisis.